First Contact’s mission is to provide a lifeline of hope and compassionate support to anyone seeking help for substance abuse and addiction, and to act as a resource for individuals, families and loved ones seeking medical, spiritual and emotional support.
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” Philippians 4:13
First Contact’s vision is to play a pivotal role as a catalyst for positive change (starting in Henderson County, NC) by:
- Educating the community on the extent of the local substance abuse problem, and the affects it has on us all.
- Educating the community on the nature of addiction, the reality of recovery, and the available options to assist struggling people and families.
- Providing an ongoing support system for individuals and families with compassionate guidance, hope and encouragement, essential access to medical care, and long-term support for success in recovery.
- Building a cohesive, integrated network of service providers that embraces and participates in promoting positive life change and healing for those in recovery, that supports First Contact’s Mission.
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” II Corinthians 5:17
- It is possible to recover from addiction. Millions of people are already living in recovery.
- There are many paths to recovery; God alone has the power to heal every hurt.
- Recovery is voluntary. Each person has the ability to choose.
- Recovering people are part of the solution. Support from others increases the odds for success.
- Life in recovery can be better than before the addiction.